Surefoot Trench Covers
Tricel offers a wide range of trench covers including Surefoot™: HSE slip resistance (BS 7976: Part 2/BS EN 13036-4), scroll down to read more about our product specifications.
Available in pre-order at the moment!
Surefoot Trench Covers – Edge board
The Tricel Surefoot Trench Cover is a highly versatile and safe trench cover with an anti-slip edge board. Approved by local authorities and major utility companies, this safety product is designed for covering holes and trenches during maintenance, construction and repair projects and is compliant for Department for Transport (Safety at Street Works and Road Works and Practical guide for Street Works) and DETR (Best Practice in Street Works and Highway Works).
The Surefoot Trench Covers provide safe access and passage over and around site excavations for pedestrians and vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes (see load ratings below). Installation is quick and simple, they are a highly cost-effective solution to site safety and access and are fully compliant with Irish and European Legislation:
- Complies to and exceeds the directives and specifications in the latest Street Works regulations and Directive 2017 relating to Ramps, Trench Covers and Road Plates.
- Complies to and exceeds T/SP/E42 National Grid specification for Ramps, Trench Covers and Road Plates.
Download technical data
Surefoot Trench Covers - Edge Board
The Tricel Surefoot Trench Covers or Edge Board are designed for covering holes and trenches during maintenance, construction and repair projects:
Available in two sizes:
- Surefoot 1600: Load rating 3.5 tonne vehicle loading over a 900mm trench
- Surefoot 1220: Load rating 3.5 tonne vehicle loading over a 700mm trench
The leading-edge size is 6mm.
- Surefoot 1600 (1640 x 1260mm) weight = 32.3KGS
- Surefoot 1220 (1260 x 840mm) weight = 17.4KGS
Constructed from SMC,The Tricel Surefoot Trench Covers or Edge Board are tough, lightweight, durable and safe with an easy-to-clean system as an alternative to heavy steel sheets.
The Tricel Surefoot Trench Cover in video
Applications of the Tricel Surefoot Trench cover
These versatile access manhole covers are suitable for a range of applications including, but not limited to:
Street lighting, traffic signals, telecommunications, CCTV, ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition), cable television, valve chambers, meter chambers, drainage chambers, sewage treatment chambers, utility service networks, railways, general construction, computer networks, transport infrastructure, general civil construction and low voltage electrical systems and much more.
Our Surefoot Trench covers have been tested to determine the skid/slip resistance of the surface of the Driveway board and carried out by the Corehard Laboratory are in accordance with BS ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 and BS ISO/IEC 9001: 2015.
- PTV (Pendulum Test Value)
- Skid/Slip resistance testing
The test report illustrates that the Tricel driveway board appears, from the PTV measurements gained, provide significant substantiation to comply with the requirements of:
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
Benefits of Tricel Surefoot Trench Covers/Edge Board
The Edged Driveway Boards are designed for covering holes and trenches during maintenance, construction and repair projects.
- Manufactured from SMC glass reinforced plastic
- High strength to weight ratio
- Comply with HAUC’s 2018/01 advice note.
- Fully compliant with current UK & European Legislation.
- Tough, lightweight & durable (constructed from SMC).
- Improved stability & reduced movement (PVC edge).* Additional securing may be required for certain applications.
- Four pre-moulded fixing holes are available for certain applications.
- Reduced trip hazard with a 6mm non-trip leading edge. The lowest leading edge profile is currently on the market.
- Highest rated anti-slip in the UK & exceeds HSE slip resistance (BS 7976: Part 2 / BS EN 13036-4).
- Electric shock safe.
- Improved public relations (smart appearance and high safety levels)
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Safe working load over a trench for a single tire footprint
- Can be manufactured with permanent corporate logos
- Reflective markings available on certain models, make them quite simply the safest products available on the market
If you require technical information
If you require a bespoke quotation
Exceptionally durable and resistant
Quick & straightforward installation
A professional team with extensive experience
Get in touch
Tricel (Killarney) Unlimited Company
Ballyspillane Industrial Estate.
Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93 X253, Ireland.
Tel: 064 663 2421