K Frame Electric Meter Overbox
Wholesale & Trade Meterboxes
If you want to know more about being a Wholesale & Trading Partner please contact us and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
If you are interested in becoming a Stockist of our Meter Boxes, simply contact us and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
As electricity meters are often located outside of properties, they are placed and secured inside electricity meter boxes. These meter boxes protect meters from the weather and vandalism.
Although Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) meter boxes are strong and durable, they are not immune to damage due to vandalism or by a loose door getting caught by the wind as well as general wear and tear.
Tricel’s K Frame electric meter overbox is designed to repair damaged or broken electric meter box units. The K protector frame is a cost-effective overbox solution.
- The GRP overbox is suitable for GRP meter boxes but not for metal meter boxes.
- It has been designed for electric meter boxes but not for gas meter boxes.
- Ideal for recessed meter boxes, they are not appropriate for surface mounted meter boxes.
The benefits of using a K Frame electric meter overbox
Most of the time electricity meter boxes perform well on residential houses, but a damaged or missing door or a broken box can leave the meter open to vandalism or damage caused by the rain.
Replacement of a meter box door is an easy and simple process to carry out. However, if there is substantial damage to the ESB meter box, then a K Protector Frame electric meter overbox is the answer to your problem.
Our over boxes, including K Frames, have been designed in conjunction with ESB and thus are approved by the ESB Networks.
Ease of installation & cost saving
With the K frame electric meter overbox, a competent person/DIY’er can carry out a permanent in-situ repair to a broken ESB electricity box at a fraction of the cost.
Going ahead with a complete meter box replacement could cost hundreds of euro as the electricity supply would have to be disconnected. The K Frame electric overbox perfectly fits over the existing and damaged recessed meter box, eliminating the need to cut the power supply at any point.
The end result is a repaired meter box that is as good as the original box. See below for more specific information to both of Tricel’s K Frame electric meter overboxes.
GRP architrave over box door and frame (701 x 504mm)
A meter box cover to fit recessed electric meter boxes. This cover comes with a tapered back, which can be tapered to fit Wavin, Medium Permali and Tricel meter boxes.
- Height: 701mm
- Width: 504mm
- Made from highly durable, strong and, fire retardant SMC
- Complete with hinges, lock and key
Product code: EB0025, view our brochure & installation procedure
Electric meter box cover (large) or outer frame & door
Idea to fit over the existing recessed electric meter box. Suitable for the following boxes:
- Electric meter box (large 3 Phase recessed) – Product code: EBP0013
- M00036 Mitras 3 Phase electric meter box
- Height: 794mm
- Width: 565mm
- Depth: 30mm
- Made from GRP
- Complete with hinges, lock and key
Product code: ED0007, view our brochure & installation procedure
How to install a K Frame electric meter overbox?
Simple to install, there is no requirement to remove the damaged box, nor to employ an electrician to disconnect the meter. The K Frame electric meter overbox fits comfortably in place.
Fitting instructions for GRP architrave over box door and frame (701 x 504mm) – EB0025
- Clean the inside of the frame of the existing meter box with a cloth.
- Apply silicone around the frame of the GRP Architrave Overbox. Put the nozzle of the cartridge touching the architrave edge.
- Apply a thick bead of silicone on the top and bottom corners.
- Slide the cover in place over the existing meter box (check that the overbox is in its correct orientation).
- Drill four holes with a diameter 3.5mm drill bit in the moulded plastic.
- Secure the overbox in place with self-tapping screws.
- Attach the meter box door to the GRP Architrave Overbox and close.
Watch our video for full instructions on “How to fit a Tricel GRP Architrave Overbox (Meter box cover)”
Fitting instructions for electric meter box cover (large) – ED0007
- Position the overbox to cover the existing meter box. The removal of the existing architrave of the meter box may be necessary.
- Mark the four holes in the brickwork/plaster.
- Drill the brickwork/plaster and, using appropriate rawl plugs, screw the overbox onto the wall using the (40×3.5mm) screws.
- If necessary, apply sealant around the edge of the frame.
Watch our video for full instructions on “How to fit a large electric meter box cover.”
Call us Today for a FREE quote!
If we didn’t answer all your questions and you need more information we will help you