Fibreglass Pond Kit
Ponds are normally constructed with a reinforced concrete base and concrete block walls.
These are then rendered or plastered which provides a flat surface for the fibreglass to be laminated onto.
Each Pond Kit is available to buy online and is supplied with a choice of six topcoats.
The most popular colours are Bright Blue and Olive Green as these provide a strong and eye-catching colour against the Koi fish swimming against the colourful backdrop.
The Fibreglass Pond Kit supplied by Tricel is perfectly safe to use with fish and fish may be re-introduced to the pond after two weeks. This will give the styrene from the resin and topcoat enough time to evaporate.
Fibreglass Pond Kit Materials
Lloyd’s Approved Resin
Two Layers of Chopped Strand Matting
Choice of Topcoat Colours
Tips for using a Fibreglass Pond Kit
- Always use a G4 Sealer if applying fibreglass directly to concrete blocks. G4 is applied at approximately 250g per square metre.
- When calculating the amount of materials needed, add 10. This will help allow for any waste and overlaps.
- Check the weather forecast. Rain will affect and contaminate uncured resin and catalyst.
- We recommend lining the walls of your pond first, coming down onto the floor space by 100mm.
- Don’t forget to leave a space for access.
Our Team have over 60 years experience in Fibreglass.
We have the biggest range of Fibreglass Roof Products.
We offer Fast Nationwide Delivery throughout Ireland.
Get in touch
Tricel (Killarney) Unlimited Company
Ballyspillane Industrial Estate, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93 X253, Ireland
Tel: 00353 (0)64 6632421