wastewater treatment plants
What is a Tricel Novo and how does it work?
The Tricel Novo is a unique wastewater treatment plant as it combines a number of technological features such as a fixed bed technology and a three-stage purification process, which have proven to be the most efficient on the market. The chambers are dimensioned around the customer needs with each step of the water treatment having its own area in the plant. The Novo plants provide simple, cost-effective solution for high-quality wastewater treatment while ensuring compliance with environmental protection regulations. We cover a range of projects from 1 to 50 PE, for both household and commercial use. Have a look at the treatment process below.
Stage 1: The Primary Settlement Chamber
Effluent enters the primary settlement chamber. Settlement then occurs when the heavier solids drop out of the wastewater and settle at the bottom of the tank, creating sludge. The lighter solids float at the top of the water and create a scum. This top layer acts as a seal to stop odours escaping. The chamber separates up to 70% of the solids.
Stage 2: The Aeration Chamber
Inside the aeration chamber masses of naturally occurring bacteria inhabit specially designed plastic filter media. The bacteria feed on the waste removing it from the liquid. A continuous air supply from a low pressure, high volume compressor in the top section of the unit sustains the bacteria. The wastewater passes through the filter media over and over, ensuring a very high treatment efficiency
Stage 3: Final Settlement Chamber
Any remaining minute bacterial particles separate from the liquid within in this chamber before discharge from the plant. The process slows the liquids velocity, allowing for any final trace impurities to settle to the bottom of the tank section. A sludge return system then returns these impurities back to the primary settlement chamber. The remaining treated liquid now meets the required standard and is safely passed out of the Tricel Novo plant system. The treated effluent is now ready for discharge to a suitably designed discharge area as required by the relevant local authority.
Download the Novo brochure here
Tricel Novo maintenance
It is important that you look after and maintain your Novo. Have a look at Novo troubleshooting and do’s and don’ts below.
Regular Maintenance by Homeowner
- The vent around the base of the blower housing guarantees a fresh supply of air to the air blower. All vents should be checked to make sure they are not blocked or obscured.
- The vent under the desludging cover allows gas to escape and stops the tank from becoming pressurized.
- Ensure the air blowers are working by listening for a gentle hum when standing beside the plant.
- The inlet and outlet should be inspected and rodded to remove any blockages if necessary.
Annual Maintenance by Tricel
The Tricel Novo will require a full service (available from your supplier) every year to guarantee the efficiency of the plant gets maintained. Service personal must get accommodated with unobstructed access to the tank.
The checks performed
Interact with the Tricel Novo Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Click on the numbers to see the annotations.
- You can also switch between the treatment process stages (yellow circle at the bottom left-hand corner) and the anatomy of the Novo (green circle at the bottom left-hand corner).
- To view in Virtual Reality (VR), click the square at the top right-hand corner and simply scan the QR code with your phone.
- To check the dimensions, click on the spanner icon.
- To download an image of the Novo, click on the camera icon (top right-hand corner)
Finally, you can also visit THE LAB by Tricel to view the Novo in a Virtual Showroom, interact with 3D models, view images and product videos.
Why choose Tricel and their service partners
Fast delivery and rapid response to all of our customers. Average response time of 12 minutes on weekdays.
Combined knowledge of service partner network throughout Europe
Unrivalled technical expertise in the installion, commissioning and maintenance of WWT solutions
Get in touch
Tricel (Killarney) Unlimited Company
Ballyspillane Industrial Estate, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93 X253, Ireland
Tel: 064 663 2421