packaged filter systems
Secondary & tertiary wastewater treatment is the further treatment of effluent that is coming from the primary treatment tank. Secondary and tertiary treatment is required when the soil or grounds are located on sensitive sites such as water table protection areas. The combined treatment will result in a high-level pathogen and nutrient reduction.
packaged filter systems
Secondary & Tertiary Wastewater Treatment
What is a Tricel Puraflo Treatment Plant?
Tricel Puraflo treatment modules are ideal as a polishing filter for secondary and tertiary wastewater treatment applications. Environmentally sensitive sites, such as in water table protection areas, often require a higher level of treatment. The required level of treatment is achieved by combining Puraflo modules with a secondary treatment tank, typically an aerobic treatment unit.
The secondary treated effluent goes through a third treatment process (tertiary treatment). Puraflo polishing filter modules and the combined system will provide very high-level pathogen and nutrient reduction.
You need more information from a technician ?
Visit our Virtual Showroom to interact with our 3D Puraflo today!
How a Tricel Puraflo system works?
Collection: Sewage & Wastewater flows from the building into a septic tank or wastewater treatment plant. The solid particles settle and the liquid effluent flows by gravity through an effluent filter to a pump/sump chamber.
Treatment: The effluent is pumped intermittently to the Tricel Puraflo system where it is dispersed evenly onto the bio-fibrous peat filter. A mixture of biological, chemical, and physical processes treat the effluent as it filters through the peat fibre media.
Dispersal or water reuse: The treated effluent flows from the Puraflo modules and disperses itself into the ground through a percolation area. It could also get collected for disposal by other methods. The high treatment levels achieved in the Puraflo system reduce the risk of pollution whilst providing protection for homes, the environment and public health.
Key features & benefits of Secondary & tertiary wastewater treatment
- Flexible sizing options due to modular design feature.
- Odour-free treatment.
- Little to no energy consumption eco-friendly.
- Ideal for holiday homes as compatible for seasonal or intermittent use.
- Certified to EN12566-3.
- High level pathogen and nitrogen removal.
- Green solution, based on passive biofiltration principles.
- Unique peat fibre with high lignin content, giving a longer media life.
- Minimal maintenance & operational requirements.
Simple installation, Minimum maintenance
Tricel Puraflo is a modular wastewater treatment system that can be for a larger or smaller capacity depending on a house or building size. The Puraflo system uses peat fiber to break down the effluent making this type of treatment system popular using little to no energy.
The Tricel Puraflo modular system works in conjunction with your septic tank or wastewater treatment plant.
Tricel Puraflo for homeowners
The Puraflo domestic wastewater system works in conjunction with the homeowners existing septic tank or wastewater treatment system.The Puraflo system has many advantages for the homeowner including;
- Minimal power consumption: A typical Puraflo system costs an estimated €10 per year to run.
- More installation options: The system can be installed both below and above ground level.
- No concrete backfill required: Excess excavated material may be used as backfill. This means reduced installation costs for the homeowner.
- Less maintenance costs: The Tricel Puraflo biofilters do not need to be desludged. Once the septic tank and sump chamber receive regular desludging, the Puraflo will continue to work effectively.
- Suitable for holiday homes: The Tricel Puraflo is equipped to handle seasonal and intermittent loads.
- Reduced risk of mechanical failure: Our Puraflo system is eco-friendly and we rely on our peat fibres do most of the work. The only electrical component used in the Puraflo is a pump. The pump works on an intermittent basis which reduces the risk of mechanical problems.
Puraflo and Septic tank instalation
Puraflo module dimensions (mm)
How many Tricel Puraflo modules do you need?
The Puraflo treatment system is supplied in a number of modules such as the one illustrated above. The number of modules is dependent on the number of people who would normally occupy the property.
These sizing guidelines have been designed in accordance with the EPA Wastewater Treatment Manuals for single dwellings.
- Single house unit with up to 6 people = 2 modules
- Single house unit with up to 9 people = 3 modules
- Single house unit with up to 11 people = 4 modules
- Single house unit with up to 15 people = 6 modules
Puraflo prices and further information
For pricing and further information about secondary or tertiary wastewater treatment please contact our sales team who would be delighted to discuss the best Puraflo offers available to you.
Tricel wastewater treatment plants are fully tested and accredited to European standards for CE certification. Tricel wastewater treatment plant meets with EN12566-3 requirements which test both the quality of the components as well as the overall performance of the plant.
Ease of installation
Get in touch
Tricel (Killarney) Unlimited Company
Ballyspillane Industrial Estate, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93 X253, Ireland
Tel: 064 663 2421