With a Tricel Novo wastewater treatment plant you get an exceptional wastewater and sewage treatment system for your home.
Made of SMC, the Tricel Novo is lightweight and easy to transport & install, durable and reliable.
Suitable for small dwellings to large communities.
Wastewater treatment plants
Tricel Novo the best Wastewater Treatment Plant for Homeowners
An affordable wastewater treatment plant for homeowners. A Tricel Novo wastewater treatment plant offers an exceptional system for your home’s wastewater and sewage treatment.
Tricel Novo plants provide a simple and affordable solution for homeowners looking for high-quality wastewater treatment.
It also ensures compliance with environmental protection regulations. Under EU regulations, all wastewater treatment plants must comply with EN12566-3 CE Certification.
Features and Benefits Wastewater Treatment Plant for Homeowners
- Compression moulded SMC tank. The compression moulding procedure is one of the most technologically advanced processes available to manufacture structural composites.
- Components are manufactured under heat and high pressure and have unparalleled strength and toughness over standard GRP tanks or PE tanks.
- SMC is exceptional in the wastewater treatment industry with Tricel SMC tanks operating in some of the harshest climatic conditions for over 50 years with no defects.
- Tricel’s ceramic diffuser is a first in the domestic wastewater treatment industry and will last twice as long as all standard competitors rubber equivalents. This saves money in both call out fees and replacement parts.
- No concrete backfill for installation on most sites saving up to €400 over lower quality GRP/plastic competitors.
- No moving parts or pumps in the plant ensuring consistent operation and minimal maintenance and repair costs.
- Tricel Novo plants are designed with a shallow invert to reduce both installation and time costs.
How a Tricel Novo Works
In the initial stage of wastewater treatment, anaerobic breakdown takes place in the primary settlement chamber. The wastewater is introduced and the solids drop to the bottom, becoming detached from the liquid.
Stage 2: the aeration chamber
The second stage of the wastewater treatment involves aerobic breakdown. This takes place in the aeration chamber, where masses of natural occurring bacteria inhabit specially designed filter media.
These bacteria are sustained with air, which is continuously supplied from a purpose-built pump in the unit’s top section. As the liquid moves, slowly through the filter media, the bacteria feed on the waste and eliminate it from the liquid.
Stage 3: final settlement chamber
In the third stage of wastewater treatment, the wastewater flows from the aeration chamber into the final settlement chamber. Suspended sludge containing bacteria is carried with the liquid into the settlement chamber and settles to the bottom of the chamber.
From there, a continuous sludge return system pumps it back to the primary settlement chamber. The remaining treated liquid now meets the required standard to be safely passed out of the Tricel system.
Interact with the Tricel Novo Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Click on the numbers to see the annotations.
- You can also switch between the treatment process stages (yellow circle at the bottom left-hand corner) and the anatomy of the Novo (green circle at the bottom left-hand corner).
- To view in Virtual Reality (VR), click the square at the top right-hand corner and simply scan the QR code with your phone.
- To check the dimensions, click on the spanner icon.
- To download an image of the Novo, click on the camera icon (top right-hand corner)
Finally, you can also visit THE LAB by Tricel to view the Novo in a Virtual Showroom, interact with 3D models, view images and product videos.
Range of Tricel Novo wastewater treatment plants
|No of people||1-6||2-6||2-8||3-10||4-12||6-18||8-24||10-30||12-36||14-42||16-50|
Dimensions of the Tricel Novo
|Novo||No of People||Lenght||Width||Height||Air blower rating|
|Tank B||5.6m||1.64m||2.27m||200 + 800 watts|
|Tank B||5.6m||1.64m||2.27m||200 + 800 watts|
|Tank B||5.6m||1.64m||2.27m||200 x 2 watts|
|Tank B||6.6m||1.64m||2.27m||200 + 120 + 80 watts|
IE Gravity Outlet
Up to 6PE domestic gravity flow outlet.
IE Pumped Outlet
1-6 domestic pumped unit. Suitable for pumping to a raised discharge area (over).
Wastewater Treatment Plant for Homeowners – examples of installations
Reliable & long-lasting
What is PE ?
PE represents the initials of Population Equivalent. Population equivalent: conversion value which aims at expressing non-domestic applications in terms of domestic loading based on 1 person creates 60 g/day BOD5 and 150l/day. (Code of Practice: Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Systems Serving Single Houses (p.e. < 10), EPA)
Different products sold by Tricel
Tricel Novo & Vitae: Both are wastewater treament plant solutions manufactured by Tricel. Wastewater treatment plants offer a superior quality of treatment. For example, the Tricel Novo comprises of three independent wastewater treatment zones and offers an average of efficiency of 95.9% BOD removal.
This is a higher treatment standard than the effluent from a septic tank. Please note: all wastewater treatment plants used in Ireland must comply with the EN12566-3 standard and all septic tanks must comply with the EN12566-1 standard..
Tricel Vento: The septic tank from Tricel is manufactured as a primary treatment. Designed for the settlement of your effluent. This product may need an additional treatment like the Sandcel or Puraflo.
Most Tricel products have a warranty. To discover all the guarantees on our products, as well as on the internal parts, consult our dedicated product pages.
Certifications for Tricel wastewater treatment systems
The Tricel wastewater treatment plants comply with the European Standard EN12566, S.R. 66, and with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Code of Practice. Click below for more details about the certifications.
Maintenance on the wastewater treatment systems
Tricel recommends that you maintain your device to the fullest. You are obliged by law to avoid all types of pollution or nuisances. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information on our service contracts. An annual maintenance contract may be offered.
Get in touch
Tricel (Killarney) Unlimited Company
Ballyspillane Industrial Estate, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93 X253, Ireland
Tel: 64 663 2421