Sandcel Sand Polishing Filter
Sandcel is a sand polishing filter designed to “EPA Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Systems Serving Single Houses (p.e. ≤ 10) 2021” standards.
Sandcel Sand Polishing Filter
Sandcel as a sand polishing filter provides a dual function of polishing the effluent from a wastewater treatment system and disposing of the treated liquid into groundwater.
It incorporates an enclosed sand filter, which can be installed under or overground at varying heights to suit all site conditions.
Sandcel filters can also be designed for larger applications by our inhouse team.
How a Tricel Sandcel Sand Polishing Filter works
Sandcel sand polishing filters are designed to the EPA Code of Practice as tertiary treatment systems. These filters are the perfect solution for the treatment and disposal of effluent from a secondary treatment unit. The filters comprise of stratified layers of certified sands according to the EPA Code of Practice.
They are enclosed in GRP impermeable panels which will not rot or decay, ensuring the structure of the filter will hold for many years.
The filters can be installed above or below ground with all pipework accessible from a service pod.
Sandcel filters provide excellent polishing of treated effluent.
Sample testing of some sites where a Sandcel and Tricel Novo wastewater treatment plant were in operation have shown final effluent quality of <1 mg/ltr BOD₅.
Visit our Virtual Showroom to interact with our 3D Novo today!
The advantages of the polishing filter
- The system can be loaded at 60 l/m2 thus providing a much smaller footprint for the client.
- Fully complies with planning regulations and council requirements
- Eliminates the risk of substandard non-compliant installations
- Ideal for smaller sites with restricted areas as it is discharged to a gravel base underneath the filter box
- Full report provided for the client and council with all stages photographed and certification provided for components and final system
- Maintenance schedules are available including the first year service free
- All drawings and specs available for site assessors and planning authorities
- Full technical back up provided
What is included with a Sandcel?
Whenever an existing wastewater treatment plant doesn’t perform at its best anymore or needs an upgrade, the Sandcel is always a great complementary solution. The sand polishing filter offers many advantages including an efficient disposing of the treated effluents into groundwater.
Before the launching of the project, it has to begin with a full site inspection and assessment monitored by the local authorities. Our product will then be designed based on your needs and requirements. It is made out of GRP panels following the EPA code of Practice.
Many layers of pea gravel and sand are used inside. The sand filter can be installed above or below ground.
Why buy a Tricel Sandcel?
- Solid impermeable structure: the sandcel enclosure will not rot or decay like timber surrounds
- Small footprint: only 16m2 area for a 6 person application eliminating the need for large percolation area.
- Aesthetic finish: the filter can be covered with topsoil and planted with a lawn to blend into garden.
- Long life components: certified sands and gravel used as the filter bed which will not break down over time.
- Flexible design: under and overground applications possible.
- Future: pipework accessible from service pod to future proof your system.
- Engineered design: specifically designed pipework network to ensure equal distribution over the entire bed.
- High performance: excellent treatment of effluent.
- Legacy sites: ideal compact solution designed to the EPA CoP fulfilling most Local Authority requirements.
- Quick installation: reduced on site labour costs.
- Certification: certified components used.
- Peace of mind: Tricel has earned an unrivaled reputation in the environmental field in over 20 countries worldwide.
Sandcel product range
Please note larger sizes are available upon request, please contact our sales team.
|Details||Sandcel 900||Sandcel 1200||Sandcel 1500|
|Capacity (litres per day)||900||1200||1500|
|Footprint (m2)||15.4 (165.77 sq/ft)||20 (215.28 sq/ft)||25.4 (269.10 sq/ft)|
Installation: Sandcel Sand Polishing Filter
Drawing of a Sandcel
Sandcel during installation
To find out more about Tricel’s Sandcel, have a look at the Guide to Tricel Sandcel sand polishing filters.
Reliable & long-lasting
Frequently asked questions
Why is maintenance important?
Once your wastewater treatment system is installed, the work is not totally done yet!
You or your landlord are responsible for maintaining your system for several reasons. For example, not de-sludging a septic tank led to a sludge accumulation and may cause a malfunction of your system.
In Ireland, there are approximately 500,000 wastewater treatment systems and most of them are septic tanks. Lack of tank desludging and maintenance of wastewater treatment system is an issue as this poses risks to health or environment.
Maintenance service agreements are available for Tricel Sandcel. To book a service agreement or discuss options and prices, get in touch with us today.
To learn more about the Sandcel maintenance checks performed visit our page.
Certifications for Tricel wastewater treatment systems
The Tricel wastewater treatment plants comply with the European Standard EN12566, S.R. 66, and with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Code of Practice. Click below for more details about the certifications.
Get in touch
Tricel (Killarney) Unlimited Company
Ballyspillane Industrial Estate, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93 X253, Ireland
Tel: 64 663 2421